|Friends of the Pacific Beach Library|
|Introduction & Mission|
The Friends of the Pacific Beach Library, an all-volunteer non-profit organization, exists to support the operation of the Pacific Beach/Taylor Branch Library. The PB Friends provide ongoing financial support with funds generated through book sales and other fundraising activities. The PB Friends underwrite children's programs, concerts, and community events on behalf of the library and liaise with other library and community groups. In a time of governmental budget cutbacks, Friends support is essential to maintaining the levels of service the community needs and expects from its library. Contributions are processed through the San Diego Library Foundation to the Library’s Matching Fund, where the City of San Diego matches the amounts donated to support the purchase of materials, equipment, and to provide programs.
• Friends generate funds by means of Book Sales, an annual rummage sale, and other fundraising activities
• Friends contributions enhance the collection of books, audiobooks, and DVDs
• Friends contributions purchase equipment and supplies that the library budget does not provide
• Friends support monthly children’s programs and the Summer Reading Program
• Friends arrange for monthly music programs
• Friends reach out to the community through programs such as Beach Fest
• Friends arrange volunteer and staff appreciation events and special library events
• All financial support by the Friends is designed to encourage use of the library, to encourage neighbors of all ages to read, and to enhance and maintain the Pacific Beach Library
Chartered under the auspices of the Friends of the San Diego Public Library, the Friends of the Pacific Beach Library is an official §501(c)(3) non-profit, educational organization. Contributions are tax-deductible as permitted under that designation.
|© 2009-2021 by Friends of the Pacific Beach Library. All rights reserved.||http://www.PBlibraryfriends.org/friends.htm|